Sunday, October 16, 2011

Moscow now knows that I am in Novosibirsk, and she has a solution. Move to Moscow! Things are better here. There can be no doubt.

Though there can be no doubt, one young journalist explained to me that Novosibirsk is, in fact, crucial to Russia's future as an innovator and leader in science and technology. I knew that my home base was an important hub of Soviet science, but she says it remains a vibrant contributor today. It's hard to tell, really, from the outside of all the institutes - geological, technical, brothers, cousins - whether they are more than a facade. But I think I will do a bit of research.

I prefer to know what is going on. I have to remind myself of this constantly. Check.

Heading back to the airport in a few minutes, and I will hop on a plane heading east.

No comments:

Post a Comment