Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The dorm has wifi, but only in this one room, where I sit amongst giggly Russian first-years who want me to buy them vodka. They shut up pretty quickly whenever I start speaking English. It's sort of like a super power.

I'm all moved in, stocked up on some groceries, and I've got about everything I need (I think). There's one other American in the dorm, and he is exceedingly friendly. Garrett. I'll be wearing his button-down tomorrow, because I arrived with only little white tees for my upper half.

Twice already, I've been told that I'm in "the real Russia" or "the heart of Russia." Petersburg and Moscow are the facade. What does this all mean? I've got some Novosibirski cheese in my fridge, so maybe I'll have a taste of all that meaning soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment