Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Things are strikingly normal here - people live, eat, study, work, procreate, probably some multitasking mixed in. I constantly forget that I am in Siberia, such a distant, remote land. So far, it makes no difference, except for a whopper of a flight.

Things I now have:

-a new button-down shirt, $12
-two button-down shirts left for me by Phillip (my predecessor)
-a cell phone
-Phillip's cross-country skis + winter garb
-chopsticks
-a head of lettuce, in dirt with roots, among other foodstuffs

Intrepid travelers Puppy and Grey Bear, if you are reading this, we are searching for you, and I will have prepared hot tea and a warm bed upon your arrival!

5 comments:

  1. Puppy and Grey Bear are in your luggage?? They will surely find you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they are not drinking too much wodka in warsaw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had packed your furry buds a traveler's prayer. Good thing you had yours.

    They'll be ok, they learned a hard lesson from Spot.

    Leo! a hot meat sandwhich on your lap! That's nearly food abuse!

    ReplyDelete