Friday, September 30, 2011

A new year in Novosibirsk, I found the Chabad house on day two of searching, which seems to be the only gig in town. The synagogue was extremely difficult to find, which I think is not an accident. I followed several false leads, ended up poking my head into the Catholic church across the street. A kind priest showed me the way.

I canceled classes for the new year, so I have a four-day weekend. It makes for a welcome pause after a very involved first week of immersion.

Some students from my "business English" class just stopped by to wish me a happy new year. They wanted me to tell them all about matzo, which I did!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Chabad!
    Did they seem nice?
    Worth a return vist?
    L'shanah tovah tikatev v'taihatem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do seem nice, and i'll definitely go back, though probably not as much as they'd like! shana tova jeff.

    ReplyDelete