Friday, November 4, 2011

4.8 C

I've decided to include the temperature in each post. As you can see, we're doing OK. I was worried that the streets and sidewalks would be frozen until April, but I'm told that the weather now is what spring feels like. I look forward to spring!

I went to this great cafe with some new friends. I think the theme was Arab, or Muslim, or maybe "the Orient," or maybe "countries where it's hot."

I also took off my jacket and revealed that I have dietary restrictions up the wall. It's just as well to break that news gently and on a second or third date. That way, I don't need to explain myself to every single person I meet, especially if it's hard to say whether I'll see that person again. Also, if I tell people how complicated I am right away, maybe they will run away before getting emotionally involved!

So yes, it is a sign of true friendship and commitment.

And these true friends understood why I asked what type of meat is in this soup, and they understood why it was funny when the waitress said, "sausage"

OK great thanks

3 comments:

  1. http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

    This link will help one with temperature math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I think I'm already "thinking in Celsius!

    ReplyDelete