Thursday, November 3, 2011

I have finally figured out how to use my oven, which involves getting a rack from the administrator on the first floor, and now my head is swimming with inspiration. I have a strong urge to buy and roast an entire chicken. I have an even stronger urge to take all of the ingredients I own and mix them together in my pan, stuffing this into that, sprinkling the rest atop.

Earlier today, I took a thirty minute pause. It was not at all a nap, though I could have used one. I remember at Williams, some of the most stressful days came when all I did was work and sleep. Being awake for a pause can help.

It is true that during this particular pause, I rushed to the computer twice to do things that I had been meaning to do. But this, too, was relaxing, and a relief.

My class and I cooked the squash, with only minor complications, and soon we will consume it at Halloween Party #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment